I saw many influencers accusing others for buying fake followers but nobody said it loud and clear how is this affecting your Instagram account. A few years ago this strategy was working. Celebrities like Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian are known for using spam followers. But once Instagram changed its algorithm, the game changed.
Instagram is deleting the spam followers and the inactive users. If you noticed that you’re losing followers, this is the main reason why.
I don’t regret I have bought followers in the past. It’s something I considered being helpful at that moment. The main thing I’m struggling with now is blocking all of those accounts. You can block/report only 80 accounts per hour so the process will take time. Keep in mind that once you blocked those accounts, Instagram isn’t going to register them as lost followers. If you are using SocialBlade.com to track accounts you will notice that they are recording the blocked followers as lost followers. While on my Instagram everything looks on plus, going and checking my profile there makes me cry. Check the differences between the pictures below. One is showing my Instagram Insights vs my report on SocialBlade.
How blocking spam followers helped my Instagram account?
1. My Impressions are constantly growing. This motivates me on being more constant and trying to post minimum 5 posts per week.
2. My engagement rate raised from 1,7% to 2,82%. In the diagram below you will notice the average engagement rates change as your account grows. A low engagement rate can serve as a red flag to your account.
And this is how you calculate your engagement rate:
3. I get daily new followers even thought this isn’t visible on SocialBlade.
4. Brands prefer working with influencers that are keeping it real.
5. It makes me feel proud of my work watching it growing bit by bit everyday.
I hope this post was helpful and I answered to your question. If you have other questions about Instagram, please feel free to leave them in a comment below or to send me a Direct Message on Insta and I’ll answer them all. But until next time I have a few questions of my own…
Do you struggle with your Instagram? What are your biggest frustrations with the new algorithm? And what’s your username? I’d love to check out your profile!